It uses many web technologies to create a set of web development techniques. It works on the client-side to create asynchronous web applications.
History of AJAX:
Earlier all the online sites and webpages were made only with HTML. They were difficult to use as they took lots of your time to reload the page whenever. In 1996, the Iframe tag was introduced by the web Explorer.
In 1996, the Internet Explorer ‘Iframe tag‘ was launched. Before that HTML was used prior only, in the creation of all the websites. These websites each and every time took a large amount of time to refresh and restore data on the page, which makes it complex to use at that time.
The term “Ajax” was publicly stated by Jesse James Garrett in an article titled “Ajax: A New Approach To Web Applications” on 18th February 2005.
Applications of AJAX:
- The asynchronous calls permit the user to make it to the webserver.
- It is used to execute a callback, unaccompanied by publishing the whole page back to the server to regain and/or retain data by going through rapid processing towards and from the server.
- The fundamental motive of Ajax is to enhance the execution, speed, performance, and functioning of a web application.
Technologies used in AJAX:
Varios technologies used in AJAX are as follow:
- HTML and CSS for the presentation purpose.
- JSON and XML for interchange of data purposes.
- The Document Object Model (DOM) for dynamic display and interaction with data.
- XMLHttpRequest for asynchronous communication.
There are certain drawbacks found in AJAX areas follow:
- To bookmark and coming back to a specific condition of application is very complex.
- Those browsers which support it are only the one on which Ajax will be executed.
- The effectively created content will even now not be able to properly read by some screen reading technologies which support Ajax.
- The debugging, coding and maintenance are difficult because it conducts towards a complicated code.
- Ajax does not hold up on some screen reading technologies.
Hope that this article will informative for you. Thanks for visiting The Full Form Dictionary😊.