The full form of ABM stands for many as follow:
- Anti-Ballistic Missile
- Activity-Based Management
- Agri-Business and Management
1. Anti-Ballistic Missile:
The full form of ABM is Anti-Ballistic Missile. Which is a surface to air missile, specifically designed to intercept and counter ballistic missiles.
Ballistic missiles are willing to deliver nuclear, chemical, biological, or conventional warheads during a ballistic flight trajectory. The term “anti-ballistic missile” may be a generic term conveying a system designed to intercept and destroy any sort of ballistic missile, however, it’s commonly used for systems specifically designed to counter intercontinental ballistic missiles.
Some of popular ABM systems are as folloe:
- Arrow-3 Missile Defence System: It belongs to Israel. It became operational in 2017. It is designed for exo-atmosphere interception of ballistic missiles including the ICBMs.
- The U.S. Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD): It is developed to defend the U.S. homeland from long-range ballistic missile attacks. The current GMD system mainly provides protection against the missile attack by North Korea.
- The Russian A-35 Anti-Ballistic Missile System: Its development started in 1971. It uses Gorgon and Gazelle missiles to intercept and counter ICBMs.
2. Activity-Based Management
The full form of ABM is Activity-based Managemen. This is a way of identifying and evaluating activities that a business performs using activity-based costing to hold out a value chain analysis or a re-engineering initiative to enhance strategic and operational decisions in a corporation and organization.
3. Agri-Business and Management
The full form of ABM is Agriculture business management. This is specialized in two-year MBA programme which focuses on the business aspect of agriculture production and its international trade. The course is obtainable in premier business schools in India and across the world and focuses on managerial economics within the agricultural sector.
The postgraduate course aims to craft professional business leaders and entrepreneurs in food, agriculture, and allied sectors. Students find out how to form sustainable business decisions and minimize risk while working within the agricultural sector. The course curriculum is meant to create and enhance a worldwide perspective among students. The course also creates awareness among students about the environmental forces that impact managerial decision.
For more info check here.Thanks for visiting😊.