The Full Form of PhD is Doctor of Philosophy. PhD also called as DPhil or D.Philor PH.D. in some countries. Doctorate degree holder person can use the title Doctor ,with abbreviated as ‘Dr.’ or “Dr’ title in front of their name, referred as a doctor.
PhD is a doctoral degree with an academic focus with three years duration and candidates need to complete the course within a maximum time span of five to six years. However, the course duration may vary from one institute to the other. Aspirants need to possess a master’s degree to be eligible to pursue a PhD program.
PhD takes years of research & globally recognized as a post-graduation program and to be awarded with a PhD degree, one has to published and accessed his work. The most PhD degree requires the completion of coursework, comprehensive exams, and a dissertation and takes at least 3 years of supervision for the original research work.
The Full Form of PhD is : Doctor of Philosophy
Subjects In PhD :
The subjects in which PhD degree is offered are as follows
- Health care management
- Organizational behavior
Candidates can pursue a PhD programme in any stream. In a PhD course aspirants need to select a topic or a subject and do in-depth research on it and answer any queries related to the topic/ subject.
PhD Eligibility :
Candidates who have cleared entrance exams like
- National Eligibility Test(NET), On behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC)
- The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST)
- the likes are usually offered fellowships while pursuing a PhD course.
- Apart from this, universities such as Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) and Delhi University (DU) also offer fellowships to students pursuing full-time PhD courses with them.
Types of PhD :
- Ph.D. in Psychology
- Ph.D. in Art History
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
- Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Ph.D. in Photography
- Ph.D. in Agriculture
- Ph.D. in Physiology
- Ph.D. in Counseling
- Ph.D. in Accounting
- Ph.D. in Music Composition
- Ph.D. in Quality Management
- Ph.D. in Medical Ethics
- Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology
- Ph.D. in Visual Arts
- Ph.D. in Homeopathic Medicine
- Ph.D. in Veterinary Science
- Ph.D. in Nonprofit Management
Salary of a PhD :
PhD is one of the most prestigious and the highest earned academic degree conferred by any university. The primary objective of the PhD degrees is to prepare the next generation of leading scientists and researchers. Salaries starting from 25k, up to 1L after experience.
PhD specialization along-with the job sectors :
|PhD||Area of work|
|PhD in English Literature||College Professor|
|PhD in Linguistics||Public sector and science communication|
|PhD in Pharmacy||Medical research centres|
|PhD in Chemistry||Analyst in Chemical research centres and laboratories|
|PhD in Geology||Head of service in Geological centres|
|PhD in Law||Advisory positions in Government sectors|
|PhD in Biology||Science Writing|
|PhD in Nutrition||Scientific Advisor|
|PhD in Biochemistry||Patent Lawyer|
|PhD in Molecular Biology||Medical research and development centres|
Hope that this article will informative for you. Thanks for visiting The Full Form Dictionary.