The full form of AICTE is the All India Council for Technical Education. It is a council at the national level for the education of technical and management in India. It is a statutory body of Government of India which has the authority of planning and coordinating the development of technical education throughout the country.
Those colleges who run University affiliated Engineering and Management degree program, makes use this availability of agreement from AICTE.
The Full Form of AICTE is: All India Council for Technical Education
To open a new technical college, it is the only authority that makes available for use agreement for colleges. It is the only authority to provide the approval to open a new technical college.
History of AICTE:
It’s headquartered is in New Delhi and its regional offices are in Kolkata, Kanpur, Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Guwahati, Gurgoan and Bhopal.
In 1945, AICTE is formed to plan and support the expansion of technical education in India. Afterward, according to the 1987 Act, it gets the constitutional position.
Three significant initiatives were taken up by AICTE in 2016 are as follow:
- MHRD gave a responsibility to develop a national MOOC platform SWAYAM.
- AICTE introduced an AICTE’s Student Startup Policy by Hon. President throughout the visitor’s conference from Rashtrapati Bhavan on Nov 16.
- AICTE introduced a Smart India Hackathon, by giving the challenge to young brilliant talented students of technical colleges to solve the 598 problems of 29 different Government departments.
Usage of AICTE:
It was created to open new technical institutes in India. It offers new courses in technical institutes. It recognizes colleges providing a degree in engineering. it’s also responsible for the maintenance of technical standards, accreditation of quality assurance, and evaluation of technical education.
AICTE monitors the courses as follows:
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Masters of Computer Application (MCA)
- Bachelors and Masters of Engineering (B.E, B.Tech, M.E, M.Tech)
- Bachelors and Masters of Pharmacy (B.Pharm, M.pharm)
- Bachelors and Masters of Architecture (B.Arch, M.Arch)
Hope that this ariticle will helpful for you. Thanks for visiting😊.